Nick's Tech Blog: ZFS folders on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS not mounting after reboot

Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

ZFS folders on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS not mounting after reboot

Problem

On Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, I installed a ZFS ZPOOL following these instructions.

After a restarting my machine however, the zpools failed to mount. I couldn't see any apparent errors from checking the logs.

Solution


Attempt #1


Executing the following command actually mounts the zpool as desired. We could execute this script on startup (but we shouldn't have to).
zpool import -a

Attempt #2


Apparently setting/adding the following properties automatically mounts the zpool. This didn't work for me (my version of zfs).

File: /etc/default/zfs
ZFS_MOUNT='yes'
ZFS_UNMOUNT='yes'

Attempt #3


Other solutions suggest adding a sleep to the following file:

File: /etc/init/mountall.conf

I didn't even bother trying this though.

Attempt #4 (Success)


I came across the following zpool config file, and tried changing the value for zfs_autoimport_disable from 1 to 0.

File: /etc/init/zpool-import.conf
modprobe zfs zfs_autoimport_disable=0

After a restart, my zpools were imported (success!). Then, to automatically mount the zfs mounts, I had to add the following line:

File: /etc/rc.local
zfs mount -a
Not sure why this value is defaulted to 1, but changing it to 0 worked for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment